Do you ever step back and look at your food Pinterest board and realize, “Maybe I should actually make one of these 389 pins?” Yeah, that’s me every week. So I decided to actually tackle some recipes!
This one comes from a repin of http://bunsinmyoven.com/2012/10/18/buffalo-chicken-cauliflower-bites/ and it mixes my love for buffalo sauce (Frank’s Red Hot – I literally put that sh*t on everything) with one of my favorite neutral vegetables.
Here is Karly’s recipe which I followed. I made a half batch to yield about 2 servings and it was deeeelish
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, milk, garlic powder, and salt to form a thin batter.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces in the batter and place on a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, heat the hot sauce and butter together over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Toss the baked cauliflower gently in the hot sauce mixture.
- Return to the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese, for dipping.
Such a perfect side dish to any meal or a perfect appetizer to share!
I’m taking down this pin board one at a time!